Most schools don't provide any personal finance education till high school and even then it is limited. It is important that teens learn the basics about money at an early age so they understand how to save and not waste money, invest that money and build wealth. Students need to know how to handle managing financial resources to achieve financial well-being when they go out in the world on their own.
What you will learn:
- Basic workings of debit & credit cards, mortgages, banking, investment & insurance products, credit reports & scores, Bitcoin, NFTs and more.
- The finances behind going to colleges such as financial aid and loans
- How to save and budget to get the cool things you want, set up a checking account and balance it, how to pay bills, establish credit, own stocks, create a rainy day fund, set up a retirement plan, rent an apartment and more
When and Where:
PS104x: Moolah Makers: Financial Literacy
Instructor: Angelina Camacho
Format: Classes are online synchronous
Middle and High School:
- Saturdays, February 11 - March 4, 2023, Saturdays from 10 - 11:30 AM
- Saturdays, April 8 - 29,2023, Saturdays from 10 - 11:30 AM
College credits: 1.5
Ask about our scholarship opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested in applying for the YIP Summer 2022 scholarship and the courses you would like to take. You will receive information to apply and deadlines to submit the materials.
What You Will Experience
- Interactive synchronous online lessons that provide students with actionable finance strategies
- Learn in an engaging digital environment using games and tools to get a better financial understanding
- Participate in activities like creating a budget, balancing a checkbook, acting in saving and spending scenarios, simulating investments in stocks and other things like crypto and NFTs.
Students need an internet-enabled device and connection to the Internet to access Zoom and the learning platform.
How to Register
In just 3 steps you can register for the Lasell Youth Innovation Program. First look through the course offerings and decide which courses you would like to take. Fill out the YIP application form with the student and parent information
Pick the classes you want to take
Fill out the Lasell YIP Application
Pay for your classes below