The course uses the iMAZZiNATiON Method by William Mazza to get students to think creatively and then to communicate students' creative thoughts in a functional way: going beyond one's imagination to develop unique ideas in a short period of time. The methodology is a revolutionary approach that prepares students for mindful creative thinking by breaking down one's traditional thinking patterns and pairing up unlikely combinations to create unique ideas that could actually be used in real life.
What You Will Learn
- Reframe your thinking by breaking traditional thinking patterns
- Uses distraction, engagement and focus activities to draw out unique id
- Execute the 8 steps of the iMAZZiNATiON Methodology by using examples
- Develop an awareness of critical creative thinking and how to apply cognitive reframing
- Analyze and transmit creative thinking and understand how to think and create in any field of interest
When & Where:
Classes are online synchronous
Middle School: July 11- August 3, Monday & Wednesday @10-11 AM
High School: July 12 - August 4, Tuesday & Thursday@ 10-11 AM
College credit: 1.5
Ask about our scholarship opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are interested in applying for the YIP Summer 2022 scholarship and the courses you would like to take. You will receive information to apply and deadlines to submit the materials.
What you will experience
- Participate in asynchronous online zoom sessions
- Engage in discussions and interactive Imazzination material and tools, listen to lectures and watch videos.
- Hear experts in the various industries of creative thinking will provide insight into the basic steps of a creative critical thinker
- Readings and video viewings outside of class will prepare you for in-class discussions, reflection assignments
Students need an internet-enabled device and connection to the Internet to access Zoom and the learning platform.
Meet the Instructor
William Mazza is a professor of Creative Thinking at the European Institute of Design and Creative Director/ Art Director for Mazza Creative Directon, Inc. with experience working in the marketing and advertising industry in Italy and USA for brands such as Salvatore Ferragamo. William specializes in unconventional creative marketing, promotional advertising, art direction, design, and event planning for international companies in various industries. He is the inventor and facilitator of a revolutionary creative thinking theory and method called iMAZZiNATiON. He is also the co-founder of the Concreate Experience Design Consortium and the founder of the THINK Academy.
How to register
In just 3 steps you can register for the Lasell Youth Innovation Program. First look through the course offerings and decide which courses you would like to take. Fill out the YIP application form with the student and parent information
Pick the classes you want to take
Fill out the Lasell YIP Application
Pay for your classes below