Overview & Career Outcomes
The M.S. in Sport Management focuses on robust, flexible, and highly personalized education experience-available fully online. The professional sports market is a $64 billion dollar industry with Forbes projecting a 15% increase year over year.
Choose from our specialized concentrations:
- Athletic Administration: Focusing on major themes in sport, students in the Athletic Administration concentration gain specific training and preparation for successful futures as administrators in the varied segments and businesses in the industry.
- Parks and Recreation: Designed for the individual looking for career advancement in professional sports as well as in administrative roles in state and local agencies, tourism and chamber of commerce positions, and tourism and hospitality-related business.
- Sport Leadership: Coursework addresses operational and financial aspects of a sports franchise or organization, as well as topics including media relations and law.
- Sport Tourism and Hospitality Management: Focuses on courses in sales strategies, international sport management, the management of facilities, and special events.
The Bachelor of Science in Sport Management is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA (Accreditation awarded December 2014 until 2021). View the Sport Management student learning outcomes and assessment data.
The following sport management degree programs have been granted Candidacy Status by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), located in Fort Collins, CO, USA: Master of Science in Sport Management with concentrations in Athletic Administration, Parks and Recreation Administration, Sport Leadership, and Sport Tourism & Hospitality Management.
Explore Sport Management Careers
Use the below Career Insights Tool to explore the different career options available for a Master's in Sport Management. The tool is powered by Burning Glass and pulls real-time data from labor market information. The tool uses AI to analyze all current job postings giving you the insight you need to make the right career decisions. Jobs that have the highest earning potential by industry and geography and specific skills employers need for those jobs can be found through this tool. If you find these careers are not for you, explore the "other options" button to find more information on other careers.
Our curriculum will help you build the skillset you need to advance in the field of Sport Management. Get information on our Course Schedules.
Sport Management Admission Requirements
Candidates seeking admission to Lasell University's Sport Management graduate degree or certificate programs must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. GRE/GMAT scores are not required. The TOEFL may be waived for international applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada. All other applicants must submit a TOEFL/IELTS score.
Admission Requirements Checklist:
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework *
- A one-page personal statement describing your goals, strengths, and potential for achievement in graduate school
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is recommended for recent college graduates with fewer than 3 years of professional work experience.
*Materials should be submitted to MyPortal or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
The Office of Graduate Enrollment
1844 Commonwealth Ave.
Newton, MA 02466