Overview & Career Outcomes
The Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) is an integrated program that offers a multi-disciplined approach to the basic medical sciences. This broad-based one-year core curriculum and degree are designed to improve and increase the competitiveness of your academic record to gain admissions to a professional medical school program or employment in the medical industry.
Top Reasons for Earning an MSMS
- Improved MCAT Scores - gain the knowledge to improve your admissions test scores with a curriculum equivalent to the first year of medical school
- Increase opportunities of entering an MD program and boost chances of success on your board exams - this program has been designed to enhance the possibility of being accepted into a medical education program and to help you pass the USMLE board exams. This curriculum is used in the MSMS program at Ponce Health Sciences University, where 75% of their 1st class received admission to medical school and 100% pass the USMLE Board exam on their first attempt. It enhances the student's possibility of being accepted into the Ponce Health Sciences University (PHSU) Medical Education (MD) Program by demonstrating added competence in the required sciences.
- 68% of students who take the MSMS program advance to a MD program
- Top 20% guaranteed a medical school interview with admissions at Ponce Health Sciences University School of Medicine (PHSU). To qualify, you must apply for admission into the PHSU medical program and adhere to the admission requirements.
- Brighter prospects for a career in the health industry- will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to pursue a career in a health profession field because the program enhanced science preparation
- Real clinical scenarios and research - faculty present real clinical scenarios to experience first-hand how to apply your learnings in an actual healthcare environment.-
- Analyze performance with data - an innovative virtual classroom analyzes your performance with real-time data (from quizzes, homework, and exams) and provides you with a personalized knowledge gap report allowing you to focus your studies and use your time more effectively.
Pre-med Program Prepares You for the Next Step
The MS in Medical Science provides you with a curriculum similar to what you would take in the first year of LCME-accredited medical school so you can figure out if med school is right for you.
- Medical School - graduates of MSMS programs perform better on the USMLE Step 1 than those that don't because they have already learned the core curriculum in the first year of med school.
- Healthcare Careers - the MSMS is your gateway to a career in the healthcare industry, opening up opportunities for students in medicine, dentistry, medical research, medical sales, veterinary, pharmaceutical, podiatry, health education, optometry, and more.
MSMS Successful Student Outcomes
Student results from the Tiber MSMS Program show students have successful outcomes after earning their MSMS.
The curriculum is designed to increase your medical knowledge, professionalism and communication skills.
- Increases medical knowledge - Students will learn established and evolving medical sciences as well as the application of this knowledge to research including Anatomy, Biochemistry, Histology, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Community Medicine, Ethics, and Physiology.
- Develop Professionalism - Students learn to carry out responsibilities professionally and abide by ethical principles by demonstrating honesty, integrity, and respectful behavior in all research, courses, and career training activities.
- Communicate with skill - Students will learn how to effectively exchange information and communicate clearly and concisely in a business and medical environment.
|MSMS700||Gross Anatomy, Embryology & Imaging||9|
|MSMS707||Medical Biochemistry I||5|
|MSMS708||Medical Biochemistry II||5|
|MSMS709||Interprofessional Perspectives in Health Disparities||1|
|Additional Req||Comprehensive Qualifying Exam (CQX)||-|
Now Enrolling for May 2023.
No MCAT, GRE or other entrance exam is required to apply for the Lasell MSMS program.
The MSMS program is not F-1 Visa eligible.
Admissions require the following for the MSMS program:
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- International Students need to submit English equivalency from one of the following: TOEFL scores: minimum required score is 80 (iBT) or IELTS, minimum required score is 6.0; or Pearson PTE Academic minimum score is 53; or Duolingo minimum required score is 105. The English equivalency scores may be waived for international applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada.
- Prerequisites required for the MSMS program:
|Prerequisite Course Name||Credits|
|General Biology l & ll with labs||8|
|General Chemistry l & ll with labs||8|
|Organic Chemistry l & ll with labs||8|
|Physics l & ll with labs||8|
|Behavior & Social Sciences||6|
Please Note: Lasell University offers online and/or face-to-face options for all required prerequisites.
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework *
- A one-page personal statement describing your goals, strengths, and potential for achievement in graduate school
- 2 faculty recommendations
This program is not F-1 eligible, international applicants can only be considered for the online curriculum option.
All International applicants need to submit English equivalency from one of the following: TOEFL scores: minimum required score is 80 (iBT) or IELTS, minimum required score is 6.0; or Pearson PTE Academic minimum score is 53; or Duolingo minimum required score is 105. The English equivalency scores may be waived for international applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada.
For additional requirements please visit our International Admission Requirement page.
Questions about your application? Call/text us today at 617-243-2400!
The Office of Graduate Enrollment
1844 Commonwealth Ave.
Newton, MA 02466