The Lasell University Bachelor Completion for a Bachelor of Science in Psychology will provide the critical thinking and counseling skills to prepare you for work in fields like counseling, law, ministry, research or clinical psychology. Learn how functional and dysfunctional behavior patterns develop and the interaction of neurobiological, interpersonal, cultural, community, and societal processes.
The course was designed to increase your appreciation of diversity and develop sensitivity to the dynamics of social oppression and the consequences of social change.
The skills taught in the major prepare students to seek employment in a wide variety of social service or therapeutic settings in administration, education, child welfare settings, research and human service agencies in positions such as a counselor, personnel interviewer, case manager, market researcher, test administrator, research assistant, or rehabilitation worker.
Lasell University has a connected learning philosophy where what is learned is consistently applied to the real-world.
The Degree Completion for a BS in Psychology is delivered in a mobile-first online format. It consists of 14 -18 courses or 120 total credits delivered in 8-week sessions to help you complete your degree faster.
|Course code||Course Name||Credits|
|Major Pre-Requisites and/or Electives|
|HS211||Ethical Foundations Fieldwork||3|
|PSYC302||Biological Bases of Behavior||3|
|PSYC316||Psychology of Diversity||3|
|PSYC335||Scientific Methods in Psychology||3|
|PSYC400||Psychology Seminar in Reading & Research||1|
|PSYC401||Advanced Seminar in Psychology*||3|
Candidates seeking admission to Lasell University Degree Completion Program for a Bachelor of Science in Psychology can transfer up to 90 credits from other accredited institutions. Students would need to complete at least 30 credits at Lasell University to earn their degree. If you transfer to a course that fulfills a core requirement, you will be able to take a business elective course in its place.
- Applicants must have completed at least 15 credits at a U.S. institution, no other prerequisites required
- 30 credits of major core courses
- Transfer up to 90 credits (Credits over 10 years old care considered)
- Earned grade 'C' or higher on transfer credits
- Related core course requirements can be waived
- Minimum of 120 credit hours required for the degree
- 30 Lasell BSBA core credits required. (These credits are required despite previous coursework)
Students eligible for this program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Must have completed 15 credits at a U.S. Institution
- Has not been enrolled with an institution for an entire calendar year
- Veteran or Service member
- Has the approval of the Lasell University undergraduate Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies
Admission Requirements Checklist:
- Online application
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework
- Are eligible if the program is completed online in their country of origin
- Are NOT eligible for the program if they wish to obtain a student visa and/or want to live on-campus