The Lasell University Bachelor Completion for a Bachelor of Science in Health Science is a 100% online, flexible, affordable, transfer-friendly program that provides students and professionals in the healthcare field the knowledge, skills, and ability to pursue or advance their careers in the healthcare industry. Designed for those students working full-time, this broad interdisciplinary program focuses on health problems and outcomes encompassing natural and behavioral science.
This program is unique because it provides online lab science courses allowing students to explore active learning in biology and chemistry to support a greater understanding of concepts presented in the classroom. The online bachelor’s health science degree completion format was created to make it more convenient for students to complete coursework by utilizing mobile-friendly content delivery and cost-effective resources to enhance student savings.
The Health Science bachelor's completion degree will make a difference in promoting good health and improving the quality of life for patients with biomedical instruction and an understanding of how social factors impact health. This pre-professional education will explore care through clinical, diagnostic and rehabilitative services to prepare you to advance to a middle management position or a stepping stone for a master's/professional degree.
Bachelor Completion in Health Science Features
- Prepares students for graduate-level work for pre-professional programs to practice or go into management and administration.
- Designed with a flexible format for working professionals that allows you to complete coursework when convenient for you
- Taught by industry-experienced professionals in small classes where students know their instructors
Students will take courses in their major from the beginning and here is an example of what our students will learn to:
- Interact professionally with patients, medical personnel, clients, colleagues, & peers
- Demonstrate and comprehend knowledge in human performance and body function, laboratory skills, and successful scientific communication techniques.
- Identify ethical issues and develop solutions and conduct/behavior models
- Gain skills that can be applied to enhance patient care
What can you do with a Health Science Degree?
A Bachelor of Science in Health Science could apply to various occupations in the healthcare industry, which could be applied to specialty careers such as biomedical sciences, radiology, optometry, and nutrition. This degree is also a stepping stone to earning a professional degree such as medicine, physical therapy and occupational therapy, which requires a graduate and Doctorate education, clinical training and/or certification. Below are just a few examples:
- Healthcare policymaker
- Community/public health worker
- Behavior analyst
- Hearing aid specialist
- Health educator
- Patient care advocate
- Mental health counselor
- Pharmacy sale representative
- Research assistant or associate
Healthcare Job Outlook
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics 2022 data shows that the median annual wage for healthcare occupations is $75,000 and projects that healthcare occupation jobs will grow 13% from 2021 to 2031.
The Degree Completion for a Bachelor of Science in Health Science is delivered online. It comprises 14 -18 courses or 120 total credits delivered in 8-week or full 15-week sessions. The coursework can be completed online with a collaborative classroom that enables you to work with peers of healthcare professionals.
|WRT 101 - Writing I||3|
|WRT 102 - Writing II||3|
|MATH 203 - Precalculus||3|
|MATH 208 - Statistics||3|
|BIO 340 - Research Methods||3|
|BIO 430 - Health Science Capstone||3|
|PHIL 302 - Ethical Reasoning||3|
|Social Science Requirements|
|PSYC 101 - Psychological Perspectives||3|
|Social Science Elective||3|
|BIO 101 - Principles of Biology I||4|
|BIO 102 - Principle of Biology II||4|
|BIO 104 - Foundations in Health Professions||3|
|BIO 205 - Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIO 206 - Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|BIO 301 - Pathophysiology||3|
|CHEM 203 - General Chemistry I||4|
|CHEM 204 - General Chemistry II||4|
|PHYS 111 - General Physics I||4|
|PHYS 112 - General Physics II||4|
|EXSC 107 - Lifestyles and Human Behavior||3|
|EXSC 209 - Nutrition for Human Performance||3|
|PHLT 205 - Health Promotion & Disease Prevention||3|
|PHLT 303 - Epidemiology||3|
|TOTAL PROGRAM CREDITS||120|
Candidates seeking admission to Lasell University Degree Completion Program for a Bachelor in Health Sciences can transfer up to 70 credits from other accredited institutions. Students must complete at least 50 credits at Lasell University to earn their degree. If you transfer to a course that fulfills a core requirement, you can take an elective course in its place. The following are required for entry into the program.
- Interest in obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences
- Applicants must have earned a minimum of 15 credits at a U.S. higher education institution
Students eligible for this program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Must have completed 15 credits at a U.S. Institution
- Has not been enrolled with an institution for an entire calendar year
- Veteran or Service member
- Has the approval of the Lasell University undergraduate Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies
Admission Requirements Checklist:
- Online application
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework
- Are NOT eligible for the program