Learn about the distinctive competencies in key functional areas. Develop the critical cross-functional leadership and management skills that are essential in today’s quickly evolving workplace. Create a personal skills-based roadmap for yourself, and your organization, during this interactive and dynamic program.
Each 90-minute video session will include practical advice and tips delivered by an experienced instructor with a strong management background. In addition, students will learn from each other, sharing their own experiences in the class and providing real-world examples and solutions. Students will receive digital copies of all slides and handouts, as well as links to resources and tips that will allow them to continue to learn even after the program is completed.
Where: In-person online synchronous
Course Code: PS905
We are happy to accommodate groups that would like to take this class or organizations that would like to be invoiced for the course. Email us at email@example.com.
What you will learn
Session 1: Management and Leadership Strategies
- Collaborative management techniques
- Effective communication strategies
- Managing across the generations
Session 2: Human Resources Management
- Succession planning with a focus on high potential employees
- Behavioral interviewing techniques
- Overcoming organizational conflict
Session 3: Financial Management
- Budgeting and finance basics
- Expense reduction and management
- Economic indicators and trends
Session 4: Operations Management
- Productivity and capacity decisions
- Layout and location strategies
- Continuous improvement and quality management
Session 5: Supply Chain Management
- Procurement and strategic sourcing
- Identifying and controlling supply chain risk
- Transportation and logistics methods
Session 6: Marketing and Sales Management
- Analyzing the marketing mix
- Product lifecycle management
- Customer service strategies
About the instructor
Rich Weissman, an experienced supply chain management practitioner and educator, collaborates with trade associations and professional development organizations to create articles, insights, business briefs, presentations, blogs, and custom content, with a focus on managing the global supply chain. He also develops and delivers innovative workforce development programs for small and midsize businesses, concentrating on strategy, leadership, management, operations management, process improvement, and customer service. Rich teaches a full range of business courses, at the graduate and undergraduate levels, for several Boston area universities. He earned an MS in Management from Lesley University and a BA in Economics from Rutgers University.