Students will be introduced to airport and ground operations; and the integration of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS). Attendees will also learn the photographic techniques needed to observe, photograph and present visual materials for subsequent actions. Current UAS regulations and policies in the United States will be reviewed in terms of their goals to promote safety in all aspects of aerial navigation, both manned, and unmanned and to stimulate economic development.
Students will be able to take the course at their own pace during the 15 days. Students will have access to the instructors, online videos and a variety of resources.
- August 12-27, 2021, Online self-paced (Students have 15 days to complete the course at their own pace.)
- September 28-29, 2021, Wednesday - Thursday - On-campus (Classroom and field TBA)
- October 13-14, 2021, Wednesday - Thursday - On-campus (Classroom and field TBA)
Course Code: PS902
If police departments want to bill for the course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Sign up Now >>|
What you will learn:
- Prepare participants for the FAA 107 Remote Pilot Examination
- Introduce participants to:
- Current FAA requirements for operations as they apply to both private and public entities
- Commercial and recreational uses of drones
- Common types of drones, their costs of operation and the major difference between aircraft
- Current FAA remote pilot regulations and applicable software for ground use
- Both current and potential ground operations in common safety practices
- Understand the aerial photography applications of drone use
|Sign up Now >>|
About the instructors
David Price is the Co-Founder of the Drone Consultant Group, a company specializing in drone training, certification, and providing FAA certification for Government Agencies. Before the Drone Consultant Group, David was the former Dean of Aviation at Bridgewater State University and Professor and Dean of Aviation at Daniel Webster College in New Hampshire. David was the FAA's Teacher of the Year in 2006 and is an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Advanced Ground Instructor, Commercial Pilot, and Remote Pilot.
Joe Turner served as an instructor at the New England Institute of Law Enforcement Management (NEILEM), teaching finance and finance courses. Joe also instructed officers and sergeants at the Boston Police Department for the Commissioner of the Boston Police Department. He taught at Suffolk University, WPI, Worcester State College, and Northern Essex Community College (NECC). Joe is an FAA 107 Certified drone pilot and a commercial photographer.