Our 5-week course will take you from the foundational concepts of data analytics to real-world implementation using the Microsoft Power BI visualization tool. We know your time is valuable, so we have structured the course to run two weekly sessions, each lasting 1.5 hours, on Mondays and Thursdays for a total of 15 hours of comprehensive training over 5 weeks.
What You'll Learn
- Streamlining Data Gathering: Most analysts spend a significant amount of their time collecting, cleaning, and preparing data. This course will show you to automate data gathering, implement data governance strategies to ensure quality data, and safeguard your organization's future success.
- Power BI: Gain a comprehensive understanding of this industry-leading data self service data visualization tool. Learn how to model your data effectively, a key skill for all self-service tools that enables you to report on multiple sources.
- Create Visuals and Dashboards: Using Edward Tufte’s Visual Design principles, you will learn more effective ways to communicate your data’s story.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Balanced Scorecards: promote data-driven improvements in your organization, whether a university or any other type of business.
- AI Integration: Embrace the power of Artificial Intelligence in your data analytics journey. Learn to use decomposition trees, Q & A features, key influencers, sentiment analysis, and anomaly detection with Power BI as recommended by Microsoft.
- Power BI languages, SQL, and Python: optional modules show you strategies for learning M Query Language and Data Analysis Expression Language, two formula languages in Power BI that do not require programming. We show you how to use Power BI’s built-in tools for learning these by generating and reviewing solutions. Modules on learning SQL, the widely used query language, and Python, a programming language. Discover how ChatGPT can help you master these tools and languages.
Why Choose Lasell University
At Lasell University, we take pride in our practical and hands-on approach to education. Our instructors are industry experts who bring their real-world experience into the classroom, ensuring you gain the skills and knowledge that are directly applicable in your job.
Impact Your Career and Your Organization
Learning data analytics will not only impact your career by making decisions using data but will also benefit your employer.
More efficient and agile decision-making
Significant cost savings
Use tools that foster collaboration
Continuous learning derived from data insights
- November 6 - December 4, 2023
- February 26 - March 18, 2024
- June 3 - July 1, 2023
- Monday & Thursdays 7:00-8:30 PM
Course Code: PS922
We are happy to accommodate groups that would like to take this class or organizations that would like to be invoiced for the course. Email us at email@example.com.
Who should take this course?
This class is ideal for a wide range of professionals interested in harnessing the power of data analytics to improve decision-making and drive growth in their workplace.
Specifically, this course could be beneficial for:
- Business Professionals
- Technical Managers
- Human Resource Managers
Regardless of your current role or industry, if you're eager to transform data into actionable insights and drive positive organizational change, this course is for you.
Enroll today and unlock the potential of data analytics to drive success in your workplace!
Pick Your Course & Pay
Choose your course below. Use the scroll bar to see all courses available. Then click to add a 1 beside the course(s) you want to sign up for. Once you have chosen all the courses, click the checkout button and add your payment information.
About the instructor
Chester King has enjoyed a 35-year career in data analysis, software development, database design, and project management. He started out with the Harvard School of Public Health, managing databases for both operations and research, and then became a product manager for a report generator sold to system developers. He managed a 4-year project developing a Medical Lab system using agile development methods. He was a Senior Program Manager for the US Air Force on various development and analytical projects. He is passionate about data, its patterns, and how you prepare, manage, and use it.