Veterans Information


Lasell College's goal is to honor and support our service members both current and former as well as their families by providing the most comprehensive and caring college experience possible while helping them to reach their educational, personal and professional goals.

Lasell College is approved for the training of veterans and their dependents. Veterans or dependents eligible for assistance under the Veterans Administration programs should contact the Office of Student Financial Planning after they are matriculated (enrolled) into a degree program at Lasell and are ready to register for their classes. Disabled veterans should note that the college campus is designed so that the physically disabled have access to facilities.

Veteran's Coordinator: Michele Kosboth, Director, Student Financial Planning

Office location: Potter House, 2nd floor
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 617-243-2227
Fax: 617-243-2326
Mailing address: 1844 Commonwealth Ave, Newton MA 02466

Certifying Officer: Greer Lezama, Office of the Registrar

Office location: Potter Hall, 1st floor
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 617-243-2133
Fax: 617-243-2326
Mailing address: 1844 Commonwealth Ave, Newton MA 02466

Veterans or active duty service members who are interested in determining what benefits are available to them or to their dependent spouse or children, should contact the United States Department of Veteran Affairs directly by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551) to get started or using one of the links below.

Useful Links:
to get started comparing educational benefits  for information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill for Massachusetts residents for the Veteran's Educational Benefits Online Application system for Local Veteran Service Officers

Federal Assistance

Lasell College has joined the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program and will offer veterans enrolling in the College up to $9,000 in grant money at the undergraduate level, and up to $3,000 at the graduate level annually while they pursue a degree at Lasell College.

 G.I. Bill Through the expanded GI Bill, the federal government will fund higher education for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars at a rate equal to the tuition at public institutions within the state where the student is enrolled. In Massachusetts, that amount is less than $6,000. To get started and see if you qualify, start here   

Yellow Ribbon Grants    Yellow Ribbon Grants have been made available to veterans enrolling at Lasell College for more than five years. If a veteran or dependent of the veteran is eligible for 100% coverage under the Post 911 GI Bill, they will be considered a Yellow Ribbon recipient and qualify for funding from the College.

  • Veterans enrolling at Lasell can receive up to $9,000 in grant money at the undergraduate level per year
  • Veterans enrolling at Lasell can receive up to $3,000 in grant money at the graduate level per year

Private institutions typically cost more than state colleges and universities, and Lasell College has made a commitment to make an education at the college as affordable as possible for veterans or for qualified dependent spouses or children. This funding may be offered in the form of merit scholarship or need based grants from institutional resources. 

The VA will match up to 50% of the colleges' supplementary grants under the Yellow Ribbon program in addition to the funding from the Post 911 GI Bill. For veterans eligible under the Yellow Ribbon program, Lasell College's financial commitment to student veterans, combined with the government allowance, will enable eligible veterans to cover all but approximately $1,400 at the full-time level of tuition and fees at the undergraduate level using grant money that does not need to be repaid. Students attending part time or in the graduate program will have slightly different costs.

For more information and to see if you qualify, start here 

Apply for Benefits

If you intend to use any military or veteran's benefits to pay for all or part of your educational expenses, please complete this form.

If you plan on using Chapter 33 Post 911 benefits, you will also need to request from the VA a Certificate of Eligibility and turn a copy in to the Offce of Student Financial Planning prior to enrolling.

If you are an active duty service member and plan on using Tuition Assistance to pay for your charges, you will need to have your classes approved by the branch of service you are enlisted with prior to registering each term.