The Bachelor of Science in Communications Degree Completion program allows you to use your previous credits earned and obtain new Lasell University credits to complete your degree. This program has been developed for the working professional in mind allowing you to complete lessons when it fits into your busy schedule.
This degree program provides you with a deep understanding of the social, ethical, and historical aspects of communication. You will learn the knowledge and practical skills to communicate effectively and the practical skills to create content that persuades, informs and entertains. You will hone your digital strategy and storytelling, presentation, research, Media literacy & ethics, social media management, media and writing skills.
Learn how to solve real-world communications challenges through case studies, projects and different forms of media to develop your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. This program will help you achieve professional and personal success through an integrative academic approach.
Students with a BS in Communication will be prepared to pursue job with a variety of titles, such as communications specialist, public relations specialist, media specialist and more.
The BS in Communication is an accelerated program delivered in mobile-first online format. At least 30 credits are required to be taken at Lasell. A combination of Major and elective courses can be earned to achieve a total of 14 courses or 120 credits for this degree. The credits can be comprised of core, transfer, and PLA credits. The courses are completed in 8-week sessions to help you complete your degree faster.
|COM101||Understanding Mass Media||3|
|COMXXX||Human & Intercultural Communications||3|
|COM105||Writing for Media||3|
|COM219||Social Media Management||3|
|COM331||Media Literacy & Ethics||3|
|COMXXX||Applied Communications Research||3|
|BA503||Digital Strategy for Managers||3|
Candidates seeking admission to Lasell University's Degree Completion Program for a Bachelor of Science in Communication can transfer up to 90 credits from other accredited institutions. Students would need to complete at least 30 credits at Lasell University to earn their degree. If you transfer to a course that fulfills a core requirement, you will be able to take a business elective course in its place.
- Applicants must have completed at least 15 credits at a U.S. institution, no other prerequisites are required
- 30 credits of major core courses are required to be taken at Lasell
- Transfer up to 90 credits (Credits over 10 years old care considered)
- Earned grade 'C' or higher on transfer credits
- Related core course requirements can be waived
- Minimum of 120 credit hours required for the degree
- 30 Lasell Communications credits required. (These credits are required despite previous coursework)
Student eligible for this program must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Completed an Associates degree
- Has not been enrolled with an institution for an entire calendar year
- Veteran or Serviceperson
- Has the approval of the Lasell University undergraduate Dean and Vice President of Graduate and Professional Studies
Admission Requirements Checklist:
- Online application
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework
- Are eligible if the program is completed online in their country of origin
- Are NOT eligible for the program if they wish to obtain a student visa and/or want to live on-campus