47 Myrtle Avenue., Newton, MA 02466 • 617 243-2143
The Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center is designed to support the educational and extracurricular programs of Lasell College and Lasell Village through artistic and cultural activities designed for all members and friends of the broadest College community. In recent years, the Center has supported arts exhibits and shows, including student and faculty art shows. The Center is also home to the Newton Country Players, which rehearses and performs at the Yamawaki.
Some features of the Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center include:
Wedeman Art Gallery
Featuring two full floors to display personal or group art work, the Wedeman Art Gallery provides professional lighting, wall hangings, and enough space for guests to enjoy the artwork.
Equipped with professional sound and lighting fixtures, the Yamawaki Auditorium is the perfect setting to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sounds and scenes of a concert or theatrical event. The auditorium seats up to 65 people and holds a maximum of 85.
The hallway of the Yamawaki Center is home to various display showcases and wall hangings. The Center is available for catered events and art showcases. Contact the center for more rental information.
- Academic Achievement Center
- Academic Advising
- Brennan Library
- Center for Community-Based Learning
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- International Programs/Study Abroad
- Holway Child Study Centers
- Donahue Institute for Ethics Diversity and Inclusion
- RoseMary B. Fuss Center for Research on Aging and Intergenerational Studies
- RoseMary B. Fuss Teaching and Learning Center
- Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center