Faculty Service-Learning Interest Form - please complete prior to the third week of each semester so we can best support your service-learning efforts.
The Center for Community-Based Learning offers a wide range of long-term and short-term service-learning opportunities and programs. We ask that faculty contact us for consultations on the following using this form. We consult with faculty on the following:
- Finding service sites and community organizations
- Developing group or individual projects that match course mission and population
- Helping students better understand the link between their service and coursework
- Preparing students to enter the service experience
- Facilitating the logistics including:transportation, timing, sequencing of activities, agency contacts, etc.
- Creating reflection activities that maximize the learning
- Organizing Linked-Credit opportunities and tracking participation
- Developing campus leadership around service
- Incorporating Community-Based Participatory Research into a course or series of courses.
Please feel free to stop by the Center for Community-Based Learning located in Klingbeil House, 142 Woodland Rd. (directly across the street from the Arnow Campus Center), to meet directly with CCBL staff, or contact Sharyn Lowenstein at 617-243-2156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.