“Service-Learning is a credit-bearing, educational experience in which students participate in an organized service activity that meets identified community needs and reflect on the service activity in such a way as to gain further understanding of course content, a broader appreciation of the discipline, and an enhanced sense of civic responsibility.”
Bringle, RG & Hatcher, JA (2000, May/June). Institutionalization of service-learning in higher education. The Journal of Higher Education.
Service-learning at Lasell College is a key piece of the Connected Learning philosophy. The Center for Community-Based Learning can help you explore many possibilities for engaging in service-learning. We look forward to supporting you with:
- Service-Learning Linked Credit
- Leadership in Civic Engagement Minor
- Consultations to Faculty considering service-learning or community-based participatory research
- Literature on service-learning
- Support for students
- Success stories from students, faculty, and community partners
Contact: Sharyn Lowenstein, 617-243-2156, email@example.com.