Lasell College is committed to maintaining a conducive learning environment for all students and a professional workplace for its employees. Lasell College prohibits all forms of discriminatory and harassing behaviors including sexual harassment, sexual violence, and any type of sexual misconduct.
It is required of any faculty member, administrator, or supervisor that they immediately report incidents of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, inappropriate sexual behavior and/or criminal activity. This includes incidents that they have information about, are witness to, or become aware of by any means, that occur on our campus or off-campus when associated with College-related business or events, involving an employee, student, or guest. All other employees are strongly encouraged to report such incidents. Reports may be made directly to the Title IX Coordinator, Public Safety, or any of the Title IX Deputy Coordinators.
Additionally, it is important to be aware that faculty members, administrators, and supervisors are also required to report other incidents of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, inappropriate sexual behavior, criminal activity and/or discrimination that they observe or of which they become aware among our employee population. Employees may report these incidents to the Director of Human Resources and/or to their immediate supervisor.
Any student who believes he or she has been a victim of sexual misconduct may visit:
- the medical professionals on the Health Services staff who are available to provide assistance during normal business hours (617-243-2451)
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Emergency Room (617-243-6193) for 24-hour professional medical care; Campus Police (617-243-2279) are available 24 hours a day to transport any student who has been sexually assaulted and needs to get to the Newton-Wellesley Hospital Emergency Room
- the professionals in the Counseling Center who are available to provide confidential assistance during normal business hours (61 7-243-2451); the professional staff members in the Office of Student Affairs (617-243-2124); and the professional staff members in the Office of Residential Life (617 -243-2124, during normal business hours; 617-2 12-5637, M-F, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. and weekends)
- 24-hour assistance from the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center Hot Line (617-492-7273)
Incidents of other forms of harassment and/or discrimination should be brought to the attention of the Title IX Coordinator or a Title IX Deputy Coordinator.
An employee who believes that he or she is a victim of sexual misconduct, harassment and/or discrimination should bring the matter to the attention of his/her supervisor, manager, the Director of Human Resources, or the Title IX Coordinator.
- Facts, Figures and Faces
- Human Resources
- Campus Info and Maps
- Calendar of Events
- President and Leadership
- Lasell in the News
- Title IX and Sexual Respect
- Community and Government Relations
- Community Impact
- Career Services
- Small Business Institute
- Conference and Event Services