Lasell College Financial Planning Code of Conduct
Lasell College expects each member of the staff of the Office of Student Financial Planning to maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity.
In doing so, a member of the staff in the Office of Student Financial Planning at Lasell College should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity. As a general guide, and subject to more restrictive laws and policies, a total retail value of not more than $10 should be considered reasonable.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Neither Lasell College as an institution nor any individual officer, employee or agent of the institution may enter into a revenue sharing agreement with any lender.
- An officer or employee of Lasell College who is employed in the Student Financial Planning office or who otherwise has responsibilities with respect to education loans, or an agent who has responsibilities with respect to education loans, shall not accept from any lender or affiliate of any lender any fee, payment, or other financial benefit (including the opportunity to purchase stock) as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide services to a lender or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.
- Lasell College shall not:
a. for any first-time borrower, assign, through award packaging or other methods, the borrower's loan to a particular lender; or
b. refuse to certify, or delay certification of, any loan based on the borrower's selection of a particular lender or guaranty agency.
- Lasell College shall not request or accept from any lender any offer of funds to be used for private education loans, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, to students in exchange for the institution providing concessions or promises regarding providing the lender with:
a. a specified number of loans made, insured, or guaranteed under Title IV;
b. a specified loan volume of such loans; or
c. a preferred lender arrangement for such loans.
- Lasell College shall not request or accept from any lender any assistance with call center staffing or financial aid office staffing.
This code of conduct is applicable to any member of the Lasell College community who, in the course of performing his or her assigned job duties, will make decisions, sign contracts or enter into agreements or relationships that would directly or indirectly impact the Student Financial Aid Office and violate this code of conduct.
Questions, Concerns, Grievances:
Lasell College strives to deliver the highest quality educational experience possible to its students. The Lasell College Academic Grievance Process is available to Lasell College students who seek to resolve any grievance related to academic matters. The Lasell College Academic Grievance Process can be found at: http://www.lasell.edu/academics/academic-catalog/undergraduate-catalog/academic-policies.html and at http://www.lasell.edu/campus-life/office-of-student-affairs/student-handbook/policies-and-issues-of-general-conduct.html
For further information on the Lasell College Academic Grievance Process, students should inquire with their Academic Advisor or the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Lasell College desires to resolve student grievances in an efficient, fair and amicable manner. Concerns regarding any aspect of Lasell College operations should be filed directly with Lasell College authorities. Additionally, inquiries or grievances may be registered with the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education at: http://www.mass.edu/forstufam/complaints/complaints.asp.
- Types of Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- Payment Information
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Veterans Benefits
- Financial Planning Code of Conduct
- Net Price Calculator
- Loan and Financial Advising
- Taxpayer Relief Act - 1098T
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us