The Finance Major at Lasell has a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- The Finance programs at Lasell have earned ACBSP accreditation for student-driven research and excellence in teaching.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking academic expertise with professional experience in analyzing and valuating financial assets, assessing risk and liability, fund management and practical skills.
- Students will be prepared to gain industry certifications such as the CFA (Certified Financial Analyst), CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter), ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant, and Series 6, 63, and 7 broker licenses.
- Advisors in the Accounting and Finance Department empower students to complete a challenging double major in both disciplines as little as three years while equipping them with highly desirable skills and providing an accelerated track to a career.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Finance Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Gain experience in stock trading and pricing using Bloomberg and independent valuation strategies.
- Gain a global perspective while spending 18 days immersed in the financial culture of Vietnam or discovering how venture capitalist and business owners intend to rekindle Detroit's economy.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- Bank of America
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley Corporation
- Munrow, Morrow & Thorne Wealth Management
- Northwestern Mutual
- State Street Corporation
- TD Bank
- UBS Financial Services
With the Finance Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- IRS Agent
- Financial Ad Director
- Payroll Manager
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Finance Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Finance curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics with Elementary Education Concentration
- Applied Mathematics with Secondary Education Concentration
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Corporate Finance
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English with Secondary Education Concentration
- Entertainment Media
- Environmental Studies
- Event Management
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- History with Secondary Education Concentration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Elementary Education Concentration
- International Business
- Journalism and Media Writing
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Public Relations
- Radio and Video Production
- Resort and Casino Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sports Communication
- Sport Management