Fashion Communication and Promotion
The Fashion Communication and Promotion Major at Lasell have a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- Polished, Lasell's award-winning fashion and lifestyle magazine, allows students from all three fashion majors to gain practical experience as writers, editors, producers, and designers.
- The Lasell Fashion Collection and the Hornig Fashion Resource and Research Area contains over 2,000 items dating back to the 19th century which helps support students in understanding historical style details, construction techniques, textile usage, and societal function.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking their academic expertise with professional experience as Visual Directors, Designers, Stylists, Costumers, Product Developers, Trend Forecasters, writers, and bloggers.
- The Fashion Program at Lasell includes the Fashion Communication and Promotion, Fashion Design and Production, and Fashion and Retail Merchandising majors.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Fashion Communication and Promotion Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Students worked with Professor Jill Carey to research and create the Fashion and Satire exhibit at Rosecliff Mansion in Newport, Rhode Island and in New York City, as well as publish a companion book.
- Runway, our annual fashion show, involves students from all three majors. Fashion Design & Production majors put their latest styles on display on a set designed by Fashion Retail & Merchandising students, while Fashion Communication & Promotion majors promote a VIP Red Carpet event surrounding the show.
- In meetings with manufacturers and merchandisers surrounding New York's annual Coterie trade show, students gain insight into upcoming seasonal trends.
- Polished, Lasell's award-winning fashion and lifestyle magazine, allows students gain practical experience as writers, editors, producers, and designers.
- Students gain a global perspective through immersive trips to London, Florence, Milan, and Hong Kong; partnerships with institutions in Switzerland, Ireland, and China; and internships with designers during Men's Fashion Week in Paris.
- Professors, through industry connections, bring distinguished guest speakers to campus from the American Textile History Museum, Project Runway, and Johnny Cupcakes.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- Ann Taylor
- Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Marc Jacobs
- Oprah, Inc
- TJX Companies
With the Fashion Communication and Promotion Major at Lasell, students have gone on to pursue careers as:
- Magazine writers
- Branding and advertising specialists
- Public relations professionals
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|ARTS126||Principles of Design & Color (KP)||3|
|COM101||Understanding Mass Media||3|
|FASH101||Contemporary Issues in Fashion||3|
|FASH200||Fash Hist I:Imperial Societies to Indust||3|
|FASH207||Digital Tools for Fashion||3|
|FASH216||Digital Marketing for Fashion||3|
|FASH306||Fashion Styling for Photography||3|
|FASH308||Fashion Show Production||3|
|FASH317||Ethics in the Fashion Industry||3|
|FASH401||Fash Industry Professional Development||3|
|FASH422||Fashion Communication Capstone||3|
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Fashion Communication and Promotion Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Fashion Communication and Promotion curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Criminal Justice
- Event Management
- Environmental Studies
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- International Business
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Resort and Casino Management
- Sport Management