Graduate Assistant for STEM Mentoring
|Department||Hours Per Week||Start|
To assist Project Directors (faculty) of an NSF ITEST grant to recruit and prepare undergraduate STEM majors to serve as mentors to high school students across multiple districts.
Essential Job Functions
Attend the PI faculty meetings on the execution of the larger project goals and internal mentoring goals. Participate and coordinate onsite campus mentoring visits, provide mentoring to the STEM undergraduate mentors, provide mentoring to the high school mentees and communicate with the coordinator of the partnering institution.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledgeable about STEM and education undergraduate majors at Lasell
- Detailed oriented, interest in science education
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with students, faculty, administrators, and the general public about the project once involved
- Must be able to represent the University in a professional manner and ensure the goals of the projects are in track in coordination with the lead Project Investigator Faculty
- Must be dependable and be able to attend all assigned visits and/or events
- Must be available for on-campus mentoring