The Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies gives students the flexibility to design their own certificate program. Students can pick from multiple disciplines providing knowledge and information that is based on two or more of their academic interests. There are many career situations where the challenges are multi-dimensional and require students to problem solve on an interconnected level. This certificate provides the knowledge to tackle these problems from several perspectives.
The Interdisciplinary Studies certificate is designed for students with broader interests in several fields or whose career goals don't match up with a program. Choosing from the variety of Lasell University courses offered at the graduate level, students can design a curriculum that fits their unique needs and goals. Faculty or an advisor will work with students to define their own areas of emphasis. This certificate is financial aid eligible and the credits earned can later be applied to a master's degree.
Who should get an Interdisciplinary Studies Certificate?
- Career changers that need to learn a different skill set in order to transition to a new position or industry.
- People who want to advance their career but need to increase their knowledge and skills in a few areas to reach that goal.
- Licensed K-12 teachers that want to expand their knowledge or specialized in another subject
- Life-long learners who want to personalize their path with only courses or area of study they are interested in
The Interdisciplinary Studies Certificate requires a minimum of 15 graduate credits total, with a minimum of 6 credits from the same department/program (Criminal Justice, Management, Communication, Sport Management, Nutrition for Human Performance, Rehabilitation Science, and Education).
- Program Area Course 1 - 3 credits
- Program Area Course 2 - 3 credits
- Elective 1 - 3 credits
- Elective 2 - 3 credits
- Elective 3 - 3 credits
Choose three electives (9 credits). The courses can be any graduate courses.
Candidates seeking admission to a certificate program must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and demonstrate through academic background and/or work experience the ability to succeed in graduate studies. GRE/GMAT scores are not required for admission.
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework *
- A one-page personal statement describing your goals, strengths, and potential for achievement in graduate school
This program is not F-1 eligible, international applicants can only be considered for the online curriculum option.
All International applicants need to submit English equivalency from one of the following: TOEFL scores: minimum required score is 80 (iBT) or IELTS, minimum required score is 6.0; or Pearson PTE Academic minimum score is 53; or Duolingo minimum required score is 105. The English equivalency scores may be waived for international applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada.
For additional requirements please visit our International Admission Requirement page.
Questions about your application? Call/text us today at 617-243-2400!