Designed for working professionals looking to enter or advance in this critically important field, Lasell's M.S. in Criminal Justice degree program provides the skills, knowledge, and practical experience needed to protect and serve the public through a wide range of careers. Conveniently offered entirely online and led by a team of experienced faculty comprising professionals from policing, law, corrections, and security, our Criminal Justice program prepares you for an impactful, rewarding career.
The M.S. in Criminal Justice program offers four options:
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Homeland Security and Global Justice
- Self-Designed Option
- Violence Prevention and Advocacy
Why Choose Lasell for a graduate degree in criminal justice?
- Robust curriculum - Our program adheres to standards developed by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS) and the Police Career Incentive Pay Program (Quinn Bill) in Massachusetts, and offers you the flexibility to engage your interests and pursue your career goals. The M.S. in Criminal Justice degree is not an "online degree," it's a degree that is earned online.
- Convenient for working professionals - Participate in class discussions and complete your studies as your schedule allows with our flexible, fully online program.
- Faculty who have been there, and are there for you - The Program Chair of our Justice Studies department is a former Norfolk and Suffolk county prosecutor with 17 years of experience. Our faculty members are similarly qualified in their respective fields and are supportive of students throughout the program.
- Exceptional student support services - As a student at Lasell, you'll benefit from our wide range of services, including career counseling, online training, academic support, graduate advising, and enrollment counseling to support you in every aspect of your graduate experience.
Candidates seeking admission to Lasell University's Criminal Justice graduate degree must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and demonstrate through academic background and/or work experience the ability to succeed in graduate studies. GRE/GMAT scores are not required for admission.
The TOEFL may be waived for international applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or Canada. All other applicants must submit a TOEFL/IELTS score.
Admission Requirements Checklist:
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework *
- A one-page personal statement describing your goals, strengths, and potential for achievement in graduate school
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is recommended for recent college graduates with fewer than 3 years of professional work experience.
Materials can be provided through MyPortal or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.