Skip top navigation

F-1 Visa Student Interns

An internship in conjunction with an internship course is a requirement of all Lasell University undergraduate students. Generally, internships can be completed in the fall, spring or summer semester, in a domestic or international location.

F-1 Visa students MUST receive a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Authorization on their SEVIS record prior to engaging in a domestic off-campus internship, even if it is unpaid. Visit the International Student Services page at Lasell University for more information on F-1 visa regulations.  

Before you begin your internship, you will need:

  •  Approved internship by your advisor or internship coordinator
  • Job offer letter/email
  • Registration in an internship class for the upcoming semester

When you have completed all of the above items, make an appointment with Maria Adkins, Director of International Student Services. The CPT Authorization process is simple and usually quick. Your new I-20 can be completed in one office visit. There is no cost to applying and receiving the CPT Authorization.

For more information, please contact:

Maria Adkins, Director of International Student Services
Arnow Campus Center, 2nd floor

To learn more about internship opportunities, visit internship programs on and MyLasell.