||Hours Per Week
This position will work directly with the Athletic Training staff focusing on providing strength and conditioning programming for the student-athletes throughout the academic year.
- Work in conjunction with the athletic training staff in developing and implementing a comprehensive strength and conditioning program for 17 varsity sports.
- Develop relationships with regional and national athletic associations related to sports performance.
- Communicate with head coaches to analyze the demands of each individual team, and design S&C routines that are specific to those demands, preseason, in-season and post season.
- Assist in the rehabilitation of injured athletes in conjunction with the Athletic Training staff.
- Provide instruction and motivation for student-athletes.
- Provide assessment and feedback in order to insure proper execution of training techniques.
- Provide direct supervision and instruction of weight training and conditioning activities for varsity sports programs.
- Assist in identifying and purchasing needed strength and conditioning equipment.
- Assist in daily oversight, staffing and maintenance of the fitness centers.
- Provide supervision of the fitness centers during some morning and/or evening hours.
Required qualifications and skills:
Bachelor's degree required preferably in Exercise Science, Athletic Training or a related field, such as Sport Management but other degrees will be considered. Familiarity with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) governing rules. Current NSCA- CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC Certification. Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.