The data show that employees with advanced degrees have increased job satisfaction and confidence, advance faster in their careers, and receive higher compensation than their colleagues without. Our Career Services team gives you access to a wide range of career planning and job search tools from Day 1.
- Individualized career coaching and advising – We work closely with you to assess your goals and interests, explore your career options, and map out an effective career plan including job search strategy.
- Career planning – We have a number of tools to assess your strengths, identify gaps, and suggest which jobs or career paths might suit you best.
- Handshake – Handshake, the most recognized career tool on university campuses, makes it easy to search internship and job postings, perform company research, and apply online for positions.
- Mock interview sessions – The best way to prepare for the all-important job interview is to practice. We videotape you during a brief mock interview and give you tips on how to improve your performance.
- Salary negotiation and other professional development workshops – We offer a number of workshops on writing your resume, networking effectively, using social media in your job search, and other topics that build your professional skill set.
You're busy. We're flexible. We offer virtual appointments through Skype, and we are happy to speak with you by phone during office hours, in person at pre-arranged after-hours appointments, or by email. Our office is located in the Edwards Student Center.
Director of Career Services
Assistant Director of Career Development