Skip top navigation

Resources for Students with Disabilities

Lasell University is an institution committed to fostering a learning environment where students strive for excellence. If you are a student with a documented disability, you may benefit from certain supports. Academic accommodations are determined on an individual basis, facilitated by the Director of the Academic Achievement Center and Learning Disabilities Services.

If you believe you qualify and would benefit from appropriate and reasonable accommodations, the AAC Director is available to discuss those options with you. Please contact Dolores Radlo via e-mail:, call: 617-243-2474/fax: 617-243-2309, or visit the Brennan Library, Main Level, Rm. 207.

How to Request Academic Accommodations at Lasell University

Disability Registration & Accommodation Request

General Information for Students with Disabilities

Frequently Asked Questions:

How are accommodations determined at Lasell University?
Accommodations are determined on an individual basis, with a thorough review of comprehensive disability documentation and a confidential consultation with the student. Students must provide documentation to the AAC director in a timely manner, preferably within the first week of the semester, to ensure each student's needs are addressed appropriately.

What documentation is required to determine the most appropriate and reasonable accommodations?
Documentation must be current and comprehensive, made within three to five years of the request for accommodation. It must verify the nature and extent of a specific disability as diagnosed by an evaluator with appropriate professional credentials and include relevant testing results. The need for specific academic adjustments must be clearly substantiated based on current need.

Approved accommodations may differ from those previously provided, as they must appropriately address the current impact of the disability on the student's performance in a collegiate setting.

What is the process to request and attain learning disability accommodations at Lasell University?
Students must gather copies of relevant disability documentation, and email the director at, call 617-243-2474, or use Starfish to schedule an appointment for a confidential conversation.

Once the documentation is submitted, students must schedule a meeting with the AAC director to discuss the need for appropriate and reasonable accommodations and to complete the internal accommodation forms. Academic accommodations are determined on an individual basis, with a thorough review of comprehensive disability documentation and a confidential consultation with the student. As accommodation forms will be specific to individual courses, students must meet with AAC staff at the beginning of each semester to obtain updated forms and review progress.

Does submitted disability documentation remain confidential?
Lasell University ensures FERPA and HIPAA privacy rule compliance. All disability documentation submitted to the AAC Director is confidential. It is the student's responsibility to initiate contact with the AAC Director regarding any learning disability, and it is up to the student to continue the accommodation process by communicating his/her needs to the faculty after completing the approval process. Lasell University recognizes the right of the student to determine who receives/has access to disability-related information, as well as the right to confidentiality.

Students may contact the AAC Director at any time with questions or for more information regarding disabilities and academic accommodations, as well as other academic supports available to students through the Academic Achievement Center.

Where can I get more information about the transition from high school to college for students with disabilities?
The Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD) website is an informative resource for students and parents who are looking for more information regarding services for disabilities at the post-secondary level.

Where can I find information about testing for a learning disability and/or ADD?
Ask your primary care physician about a referral for appropriate testing options. The Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) website may also help students research other possibilities. 

Can you summarize the steps I need to take to request reasonable academic accommodations?

Gather your comprehensive learning disability documentation.

Submit your registration form and disability documentation to the Academic Achievement Center (AAC) Director and Learning Disabilities Services for review.

Office: Brennan Library Room 207
Mail: ATTN: Dolores Radlo, ACC - 1844 Commonwealth Ave., Newton, MA 02466
Fax: 617-243-2309


Schedule a meeting with the AAC Director for a confidential conversation regarding your request for accommodations at or before the beginning of the semester.

Meet with the AAC Director, discuss appropriate academic accommodations and complete approval process.

Communicate learning needs with faculty at the beginning of the semester.

*For information about on-campus housing accommodations, please click here.