Risk Management Overview
Lasell's Risk Management policies and practices are designed to ensure the preservation of the human, physical and financial resources of Lasell College. Risk Management is part of the Business Office at Lasell College.
Certificates of Insurance
Lasell College requires record of General Liability, Workers' Compensation, and Auto Liability insurance carried by all outside entities who do work, provide a product or service, deliver a product to Lasell College, or use/lease College-owned facilities.
All Certificates of Insurance must be on file prior to the start of any work/event, with the Business Office, 1844 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA 02466.
- General Liability policy with a minimum $1 million per occurrence limit, $3 million aggregate limit, including bodily injury and property damage; personal/advertising injury; contractual; premises/operations; independent contractors; products and completed operations.
- An Excess Liability policy is acceptable if necessary to bring the General Liability to the required limits.
- Auto Liability with bodily injury & property damage for owned & non-owned vehicles.
- Workers' Compensation, as mandated by law.
- Certificate Holder address must state:
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
ATTN: Diane Parker
Additional requirements may be necessary, including, but not limited to, those stated below:
- Caterers Liquor Liability is required for any caterer hired to serve alcohol at a College function.
Coverages represented on the certificates of insurance must show policy numbers, effective dates and limits. Renewal certificates of insurance shall be provided annually until the work is completed and, for claims-made policies, for three years following the completion of work.
Entities requiring short-term insurance for their affiliation with Lasell College may purchase insurance through University Risk Management and Insurance Association's (URMIA) TULIP program. http://www.urmia.org/tulip.cfm. Lasell's TULIP Institution Code is 32091388.