Corporate and Foundation Support
Lasell College is honored to have received a number of generous grants. Recent grants include:
The George I. Alden Trust - $160,000
The Davis Educational Foundation - $180,500
The Saunders Foundation - $30,000
The Schrafft Charitable Trust - $25,000
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) at Lasell College is committed to maintaining an environment that encourages intellectual creativity and inquiry. Lasell College faculty and staff are encouraged to pursue scholarly activities that will contribute to their fields of study and/or departmental area. CFR should be the first point of contact for all faculty and staff seeking funding from corporate and foundation sources.
Faculty and staff seeking funding are encouraged to contact the CFR office as early as possible in their search for support. CFR works with the College staff and faculty to create, coordinate, build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships to leverage partnerships through philanthropic resources. These projects often result in new ideas that benefit individuals, institutions and society. CFR provides a variety of services to College faculty, staff and administrators, including:
- Brainstorming ways to turn a great idea into a fundable project
- Assistance with identifying potential sources of support for initiatives and projects that have an institution-wide impact
- Developing and maintaining contact with current and potential funding sources
- Assistance in review and editing of proposal, letter of inquiry and concept papers
- Gathering required supporting institutional documentation
- Reviewing completed project budgets
- Coordinating site visits for potential and current funders
- Assisting in timely narrative and financial stewardship reports on grants
After initial grant project review, CFR will work with the Vice President of Academic Affairs to set the priorities for different levels of assistance for all faculty grant requests; staff funding requests must be vetted in a similar manner through the appropriate department senior manager. This process will ensure that grant proposal ideas are consistent with the College's values and goals represented in Vision 2017, the College's Strategic Plan. No institutional grant application can be made without these steps being followed.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to working with you!
Contact: Kathy Urner-Jones '83
Senior Advancement Officer