News & Publications
Spring Symposium Showcases Student Talent
May 1, 2013
Lasell's Spring Symposium began this week with presentations, art shows and performances - all showcasing the results of hard work students put into their Connected Learning projects.
The Spring Symposium began Monday and runs through this weekend - May 4 - and includes projects ranging from a class research project on the Prison Pups Program at Massachusetts Correctional Institution for Women - Framingham to senior graphic design projects that included rebranding of an actual fragrance brand and several new magazine designs.
The Connected Learning Symposium, held each fall and spring, highlights examples of student work in their field of study through hands-on projects and research.
Among the presentations featured during the Spring symposium were:
• capstone projects related to student internships in Communication
• a mock involuntary manslaughter trial with volunteer jurors
• a window display of designs reflecting folktales
• a presentation on the pros and cons of the Prison Pups Program at MCI-Framingham
• the annual student art exhibit and graphic design senior exhibit
• a presentation writng a marketing plan for small business
• a musical extravaganza including performances by the Lasell chorus and music ensembles
- the undergraduate and Senior fashion shows, and a wide variety of other projects.