Lasell Readies for Enhanced Dining Experience in Renovated Valentine Hall
June 25, 2012
Lasell's renovation of the Valentine Dining Hall this summer will bring some major changes to campus dining including a new Sports Grille, a variety of dining experiences - from a Mongolian wok to brick-oven pizza, and an ever-changing atmosphere at each meal.
For those who have been wondering what to expect when they step on campus this fall, here are some highlights:
- The cafeteria will now feature "destination dining" where diners can go to different stations to choose the items they would like, rather than wait in one line.
- A new, quiet seating area with banquette seating and cozy corners, as well as a high-top tabled "Crow's Nest" with views of the entire dining hall,
- Seating throughout Valentine Dining Hall will combine banquettes and booths, small table and chair groupings, and high stool seating. And, in keeping with our "green initiative," many of the chairs will be made of recycled Coca-Cola bottles,
- The Lasell College Radio station will now be incorporated into the dining hall with glass on the broadcast side of the booth, and,
- The dining hall will be completely redecorated, with innovative lighting features and a variety of exciting, new interior design elements.
As for menu updates, dining hall visitors will now have more options such as:
- A pizza oven where a variety of items can be made to order, with seating to view the preparation process
- A Mongolian Wok station for stir fry, with seating available
- A Sports Grille, featuring 11 flat-screen TVs
A major change to note: Once the dining room closes, a new after-hours eating experience will be available to students. The new Sports Grille area, located in what was the 1851 room, will re-open from 7:30-midnight every night for grilled food. The Sports Grille will serve burgers, fries, chicken and more, and will feature 11 flat screen TVs, will offer different seating options, and an outdoor café-style seating area (when weather permits).