- Lasell College Receives National Recognition for Community Service July 18, 2011Lasell College was named to the 2010 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with distinction for its strong commitment to service and compelling campus-community partnerships that produce measurable results for the community.
- Student Fashions Featured in City’s Event for New Bostonians May 25, 2011Several Lasell fashion students have been chosen to show their culture-inspired designs at a fashion event at Boston City Hall sponsored by the Mayor’s office of New Bostonians.
The event, New Boston Focus on Fashion, will be held Thursday, May 26 at Boston City Hall from 12 to 3 p.m.
- Follow Lasell Students on Amazon Service Learning Trip May 20, 2011Lasell faculty and students just landed in the Amazon for an adventurous service learning ecotourism trip. Read real-time updates from their trip and see pictures of the rainforest's exotic animals and scenery.
- Lasell College Receives $1 Million Challenge Grant May 17, 2011Lasell College President Michael B. Alexander today announced a challenge grant made by Robert Arnow, Lasell Village Trustee, benefactor, and husband of the late Joan Weiler Arnow’49, a former Trustee. Arnow has pledged to donate $1 million to the College’s $10 million Bridge to the Future Campaign if $2.8 million is raised by the end of the campaign.
- Lasell College Holds 157th Commencement, Speaker U.S. Sen. Scott Brown Tells Students to Dream Big May 16, 2011Lasell College held its 157th commencement exercises Sunday, granting 281 Baccalaureate degrees and 57 Master’s degrees; Massachusetts’ junior U.S. Senator Scott Brown was the guest speaker.
- Members of Lasell’s Class of 2011 Carry the Torch May 5, 2011Following a Lasell tradition dating back more than a century, members of Lasell's Class of 2011 participated in the annual Torchlight Parade - which celebrates the graduation of the senior class.
- Professor Sarikas Discusses HIV/AIDS Knowledge, Prevention at Arnow Lecture May 5, 2011In the early 1990s, the world viewed HIV infection and AIDS as lethal and, therefore, prevention was paramount. Today, proper treatments have allowed those infected with the virus to live long lives. But does this change how the disease is perceived by today’s youth?
- Lasell Moves Ahead with New Residence Hall and a New Bond Rating May 4, 2011Lasell College will soon break ground on a new residence hall that will complete a second quad on its Newton campus. The College’s Board of Trustees approved the project earlier this spring.
- Symposium Ends, Students Awards Presented May 3, 2011The 2011 Spring Connected Learning Symposium ended this past weekend after a packed week of presentations, poster displays, performances and the annual Fashion Show.
- Fashion Students Showcase Their Collections at Runway 2011 April 28, 2011On Saturday, April 30th, 2011 at 6:30PM, Lasell College’s Fashion Department will host its annual Senior Fashion Show on the College's Newton campus. Undergraduate designers will feature their designs on Friday April 29.