Crew Club Coach and Boathouse Manager
The Lasell College Crew Coach will assist with team development and training, and a manager to oversee the daily operations of the Lasell College Stoller Boathouse. The students range in experience levels with many as beginners. The Lasell College Crew Club is advised by a full-time staff member in the Office of Student Activities and the Coach will report to the Director of Student Activities and Orientation. This is a stipend position and will require flexible hours during the mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Requirements of the position:
· Be able to develop a training and practice regiment for the Lasell College Crew Club
· Work with the team and individuals on basic crew skills including rowing stroke and racing skills
· Be available on a flexible schedule for mornings, afternoons and weekends. The club would ideally practice five days a week in the mornings.
· Work collaboratively with the Crew Club Advisor in the Office of Student Activities to support the club
· Coordinate practice and programming activities of the various user groups including: Brandeis University Crew Club and CATS Academy.
· Supervise all programs at the boathouse including but not limited to, Lasell College annual River Day, and Alumni Canoe Races.
· Insure all programs are operating in a safe manner and in compliance with Lasell College policies, State and Federal law, and nationally recognized water sport organizations.
· Work collaboratively with Lasell College Facilities to maintain the condition of the Boathouse
· Have the ability to relate to college age students and support the mission of the student development and leadership promoted by the Office of Student Activities at Lasell College
· Communication: Applicants should have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with college age men, women, administrators and other college community members.
· College degree preferred
· Boating Safety Certification
· Rowing Coach Certification (preferred)
· CPR/First Aid Certification
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of 3 references.
Lasell College is an equal opportunity employer.