The coach is responsible for choreographing and teaching cheers and dance routines to the squad. The coach is responsible for setting and conducting practice times and supervising the squad during men's and women's basketball games and any other event where the cheerleaders will perform. It is the vision that the team will participate in competitions, it will be the responsibility of the coach to oversee that process. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Activities who also serves as the Club Advisor to the Lasell College Cheerleaders.
- Choreograph and teach cheers and dance routines to the squad to be used for Lasell College Basketball games, on campus performances and competitions.
- Set and conduct practice times.
- Supervise and direct the cheerleading squad during men's and women's basketball games, on campus performances and competitions. .
- Enforce the rules of the squad, including those regarding timeliness, attending practices and/or games, sportsmanlike conduct.
- Coordinate tryouts.
- Assist the squad with organization of fundraisers.
- Meet with the Cheerleading Club Advisor regularly.
- Promote a spirit of cooperation and friendship among the squad.
- Encourage cheerleaders to participate in other campus events and service projects.
- Plan team-building and morale-building activities for the squad.
- Must have extensive training and experience in cheerleading, including stunting, tumbling, and choreography. Requires excellent communication, managerial, and planning skills.
The cheerleading coach is part of the Office of Student Activities at Lasell College. The coach reports directly to the Assistant Director of Student Activities who also serves as the Advisor to the Lasell College Cheerleaders.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of 3 references.
Lasell College is an equal opportunity employer.