Faculty Positions At Lasell College
Why was Lasell College named one of the "Great Colleges to Work For" by the Chronicle of Higher Education, 2011 and 2012?
- Because we care deeply about teaching. We value pedagogy. We'll support your Research, but we're not a "publish or perish" institution. We encourage collaboration with undergraduates and graduate students on research projects and as your research assistants.
- Because we don't have tenure - we have renewable single and multi-year contracts. That makes us less competitive with one another, more interdisciplinary. We do annual self-evaluations that are good, goal-setting tools.
- Because we operate with the philosophy of Connected Learning. That means that the College supports your efforts to think creatively about how to help students connect subject matter with the real world. We fund innovative pedagogy, guest speakers, field trips, off-campus travel with students; and we provide support for your own professional development
Lasell College, founded in 1851, is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian institution of higher education. We are located eight miles from Boston in Newton, Massachusetts. The College offers over 30 baccalaureate programs in, Communication, Environmental Studies, Graphic Design, Fashion, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Education, Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, Law and Public Affairs, Mathematics, and several areas of Business, Social Science, and the Humanities. Master's degrees are offered in Management, Sport Management, Communication, and Education, each with several concentration and certificate options
The College has undergone significant growth over the past ten years, including a 60 percent increase in its undergraduate population to over 1600 students. The graduate program began ten years ago and now enrolls more than 400 students. As a result, the College has focused aggressively on full-time faculty hiring. Future plans include significant expansion of both graduate and undergraduate program degree offerings.
Successful applicants will demonstrate passion for a student-centered teaching environment and innovative, project-focused initiatives such as community service-learning. Productivity and currency in an academic discipline as well as commitment to college community involvement are priorities.
Below are the available faculty and adjunct positions open at Lasell College:
- Adjunct Instructor for General Chemistry
- Assistant Professor of Athletic Training
- Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
- Assistant Professor of Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Assistant Professor of Sport Communication
- Assistant Professor of Sport Management
- Education Department Chair