New Athlete Information
Welcome to Lasell College Athletics!
The athletic program at Lasell College provides student-athletes the opportunity to develop and display their talents through collegiate-level competition. At Lasell College, athletics are considered an integral part of a sound educational experience with the goal to have each student-athlete strive to reach his or her potential on and off the field. The athletic department fosters the development of sportsmanship, community, fair play, positive societal values and physical well-being for all participants.
Lasell's highest priority is to ensure that each student-athlete receives a superior education and successfully completes an academic program. We believe the leadership, teamwork and self-discipline learned on the playing field are qualities that lead to both athletic and academic success.
Lasell College is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III, the Easter College Athletic Conference (ECAC), the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) and an associate member of the North Atlantic Conference (NAC). The college follows the philosophy and the eligibility guidelines of NCAA Division III and of all associated conferences. Lasell College sponsors the following varsity teams: Cross Country M/W; Field Hockey; Baseball; Basketball M/W; Lacrosse MW; Soccer M/W; Softball; Track and Field M/W; Volleyball M/W.
In addition to our varsity athletic programs, Lasell offers plenty of ways to stay active. Participate in club sports, like rugby and tennis, compete on the intramural level, or take advantage of free canoeing, kayaking and two fitness centers. Filled with free weights and cardio machines, both fitness centers are open to the entire Lasell community more than 85 hours each week. We also offer pilates, kickboxing, step aerobics and muscle conditioning classes.
Anyone interested in participating on a varsity team must read the following information:
- All incoming student-athletes must have a physical within 6 months of participation.**
- All incoming student-athletes must complete and return all health forms by August 1, 2015. **
- All in coming student-athletes must complete and return all additional Athletic Department Health Forms by August 1, 2015. These form can be found here.
- Fall Atheletes (M/W Cross Country, Field Hockey, M/W Soccer, Women's Volleyball) - Try outs will be Saturday, August 22, 2015. Student-Athletes mus have all health forms completed, all financial aid documentation completed and their fall semester bill must be paid in order to participate in the tryout day.
- Spring athletes (M/W Lacrosse, Men's Volleyball, Softball, Baseball, M/W Track and Field) - tryouts will be held when you arrive on campus.
**See Athletic Training Clearance Procedures for additional information.
More detailed information for all student athletes can be found at www.laserpride.com or by contacting the Director of Athletics Kristy Walter at email@example.com.
Contact information for Athletic administrative staff and all coaches can be found here.
Health Clearance Information
All student-athletes must complete the required Health Forms with the Health Services Office in addition to the Student-Athlete Health Forms. The forms can also be found below and are due August 1, 2015