There is more that goes into a successful job search than a polished resume and a well written cover letter. Before either of these documents are even necessary, a little career research is essential.
The following steps can help you prepare for a successful job search:
- Assess your own interests, skills, and technical knowledge
- Research potential career fields, industries, job titles, and work environments
- Build your professional idenity by updating your resume and creating a professional LinkedIn profile
- Create a plan with short-term reachable goals
- Approach the job search with multiple strategies, instead of one
- Connect with those who know you personally and professionally to accummulate advice and contacts
- Prepare for all interviews by researching the job, the company, and its people
- Evaluate your progress on a regular basis and determine where changes made need to be made
You can find more information on each of these steps throughout the rest of the website. If you have any questions, or would like assistance with any of these topics, please contact the Office of Career Services at email@example.com or 617-243-2124.