Career Services seeks to educate students in all phases of their career development with the tools necessary to make gratifying career decisions to develop and transition successfully in a diverse and global society.
Career Services provides skill building and networking opportunities for students to engage in lifelong professional development. Professional development requires the ability to communicate effectively, to collaborate, to build and sustain professional relationships based on respect, to engage effectively in multicultural teams, to use technology efficiently, to problem solve, to assume professional leadership roles in the workplace, to identify future options, and to build the skills and knowledge to flourish in a changing job market. Our office builds relationships with employers and provides support for faculty and parents as we partner in the career development success of their students.
Students who utilize Career Services will be able to successfully:
- Identify strengths and interests and match these to a compatible career path
- Develop realistic career and professional goals
- Explore possible life and career options through a variety of venues
- Learn and utilize competitive job search skills to secure a meaningful position
- Build and sustain professional relationships and networks
- Translate acquired knowledge to employment skills or graduate school success
The Office of Career Services is located on the top floor of Edwards Student Center
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Walk-In Hours: Monday - Friday, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., while classes are in session.