Global Bridge Program
Lasell College is happy to be a part of the Global Bridge Program, designed to give qualified international students the chance to begin their collegiate coursework in the United States, complete with ESL support and cultural immersion trips to get students acquainted with the local community. This is a collaborative effort between Global Bridge program at Lasell College and Bond Education Group, available only to students from Bond Education Group.
About LasellLasell College is located about eight miles outside of Boston, in Newton, Mass. Lasell offers more than 40 majors and minors for undergraduates; learn more about each one at our Undergraduate Majors and Minors page. Read some fast facts about the college's history and numbers at our Lasell at a Glance page.
Key points about the Global Bridge Program:
- Lasell offers full admission, as well as room and board at an on-campus residence hall
- Students receive 3-9 hours of ESL classroom time a week, and spend every weekend on cultural immersion programs around the Boston area.
Admission to the Global Bridge Program at Lasell:
- Students with a TOEFL (or equivalent) score of 525 or above are qualified to be in the program. These students will receive three hours of ESL per week, along with four regular courses for the first term.
- Students with a TOEFL (or equivalent) score of 475 – 525 are offered conditional admission. These students receive nine hours of ESL per week, and two regular courses for the first term.
Application Procedures to the Program:
Bond Education Group and Global Bridge will assist interested Bond candidates in preparing and submitting the required application materials to the Lasell College Office of Admission. Each candidate must complete and submit the following:
- Lasell College application for admission
- Official secondary school transcripts
- Official Gao Kao scores
- Official English proficiency testing information (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent)
- Financial Declaration
Applying to the Program Takes 4 Simple Steps:
Inform a representative from Bond of your interests.
Bond Education Group and Global Bridge will arrange info sessions for the students to learn more about Lasell College and academic life in America.
Bond Education Group screens and assists interested candidates in preparing the required application materials as stated above.
- Bond will screen and recommend candidates to Global Bridge.
- Bond Education Group and Global Bridge will assist candidates in completing applications and preparing for the required application materials.
- Bond Education Group will assist candidates in English proficiency exams (such as TOEFL).
Bond Education Group sends completed applications to Global Bridge for review.
Representatives from Lasell’s Undergraduate Admission Team, Global Bridge, and Bond Education Group officially interview qualified candidates.
- Bond and Global Bridge will prepare the students for the interview beforehand, and will arrange the interviews.
- Lasell College will review complete applications and turn-around decisions within one business week.