International candidates for undergraduate admission are encouraged to begin the application process early by completing an application for undergraduate admission online, through the Common Application, or on paper.
In addition, first year international candidates should submit:
- Official secondary school transcripts or marksheets for schools attended (college, gymnasium, and lycee); transcripts should be translated into English. Transcripts should include senior year first-quarter grades and mid-term grades when available
- 2 letters of recommendation (one must be academic)
- Personal writing statement (essay)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson
- Scores should be sent directly to Lasell College by the testing service
- Minimum for ESL Supplement Program: 54iBT or 5.0 Band
- Minimum for no ESL Supplement Program: 71iBT or 5.5 Band
- SAT or ACT scores may also be submitted, but they are not required for international applicants
- Financial Declaration
- The Financial Declaration Form provides evidence of the applicant's ability to pay educational and living expenses while at Lasell College. This Financial Declaration Form is required in order to obtain the I-20 Form, which is necessary to receive an F-1 student visa
- Applicants may substitute a signed statement from the sponsor's bank, verifying availability of sufficient funds
In addition to the items listed above, Transfer international candidates should submit:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- A copy of your current I-20 Form (if you are already in the United States)
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis upon submission of all of the above information.
Candidates seeking spring (January) admission are advised to complete this process prior to January 1.
Candidates seeking fall (September) admission are advised to complete this process prior to August 15.
International Merit Scholarships
International students with corresponding recalculated GPA may be eligible for one of the following merit scholarships:
|Founders Scholarship||$10,000||> 3.5 High School GPA|
|Laser Scholarship||$5,000||> 3.1 High School GPA|
|Torch Scholarship||$2,000||> 2.7 High School GPA|
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at:
Mail: 1844 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA 02466