Welcome New Students!
You are encouraged to complete the following tasks prior to the start of classes, as it will make campus access and course workflow easier to manage. Below are detailed instructions for a variety of administrative tasks such as setting up your email account, ordering your textbooks, completing the Graduate Online Orientation, and more. Feel free to contact Gillian Stanley, the Associate Director of Graduate Student Services in the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 617.243.2233.
And again, welcome to Lasell College.
New Student To-Do List:
Log Into MyLasell (College Portal)
MyLasell provides online resources and services for the Lasell community. You can find information such as: announcements, activities, advising information, directory and much more. You can access MyLasell at http://my.lasell.edu. At the log on, use your Lasell User ID and the password that was provided in the welcome email. If you have already changed your password, use the new one. All Lasell systems use the same password.
Some of the resources available on MyLasell are:
- Student Email Button links to your Lasell email
- Moodle Button accesses Lasell's online course management system
- Graduate Program Tab provides lots of information and resources for graduate students
- Self-Service Tab accesses course listings, advising information, online registration and grades
Change Your Password
Your Lasell password was auto-generated by our system and sent to the email address you provided on your application.
- Log in to MyLasell using your Lasell User ID and password that was provided in the welcome email
- Click on Change My Password under Technology & Plant Operations
- Click on Reset Password
- Enter your User ID and click Continue
- Answer the two security questions (International Students do not have SS#s and must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to receive the 4 digits that you will enter as the last 4 digit of a SS#)
- Enter and confirm your new password then click Reset Password
- You may change your password at any time at http://password.lasell.edu
Check Your Lasell Email
All Lasell students are provided with Lasell email accounts, and it is the primary means by which the faculty and staff communicate with students. You are expected to check your Lasell College email regularly. Your Lasell User ID is also your Microsoft Account and email address.
- Log into MyLasell
- Click on the Student Email button on the right
- At the Microsoft Account, enter your User ID and at Password enter your most recent password
To Automatically Forward Lasell Email to Another Account
- Log into you Lasell email (see instructions above)
Click Options at the top right and then click on See All Options from the list below
- Click Organize E-Mail on the left-hand side. Under Inbox Rules, click New - this will open a pop-up window
- In the pop-up window, under When the message arrives, and: select [Apply to All messages]
- Select More Options... and Under Do the following: select Forward, redirect, or send > forward the message to...
- In the next screen, type your personal email address in the to -> box at the bottom
- Click OK and Save
- It is recommended you test the forwarding before classes begin
To Access Lasell Email on Your Phone
- On your phone, choose the option to add an email account
- Choose Microsoft Exchange or ActiveSync
- Username will be your Lasell User ID
- Domain will be student
- Server will be either pod51004.outlook.com or m.outlook.com
- Use SSL and secure connections if prompted
- All phones will be different, if you have difficulty making this connection please call the Technology Help Desk at 617.243.2200 for further assistance.
Log in to Self-Service
Self Service is the system used to register for classes, view your academic record and account balance online. Log into MyLasell then click on the Self-Service tab.
Pay your Bill
The Student Accounts Office issues billing statements, collects payment for tuition and fees, and offers payment plan information. Click here to view your Account online or Pay your Bill.
Get your Graduate Student ID & Parking Permit
The Graduate Student ID card (Torch Card) allows students access to College facilities such as the library and computer center. The Office of Public Safety issues Student IDs Tues. – Fri., 8:00am – 6:00pm. Please contact Maria Nunes at firstname.lastname@example.org with any Student ID-related questions.
Students must obtain a Parking Permit to park on campus. To get a permit, complete the Student Permit Parking Application accessed through MyParking on MyLasell under Campus Police. The Office of Public Safety is located on the lower level of the Winslow Academic Center, 80a Maple Street; their telephone number is 617-243-2279.
Order your Textbooks and Course Materials
Donahue's Bookstore is located in the Campus Center at 131 Woodland Road. You can order books and course materials online or visit the store to make your purchases. You can also rent textbooks, by clicking here to register online now. To contact a Bookstore representative call 617-243-2183 or email email@example.com
Complete The Graduate Online Orientation
The Graduate Online Orientation includes a welcome from the Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies and Graduate Program Chairs, who also provide program overviews. Also included is a presentation on the importance of academic advising and degree planning, Brennan Library tutorials and an orientation to Moodle, the Lasell College online course management system.
All students are expected to complete the Graduate Online Orientation to prepare them for successful completion of their degree program.
Know that assistance is just an email or telephone call away.
Gillian L. Stanley
Associate Director of Graduate Student Services