The Marketing Major at Lasell has a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- The Marketing program is accredited by ACBSP for student-driven research and excellence in teaching in the functional areas of business.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking academic expertise with professional experience in personnel management, sales, marketing, branding, and consumer behavior.
- The Small Business Institute (SBI) is a faculty-advised organization that promotes student involvement in the business world by funding independent student ventures.
- The Marketing curriculum introduces students to all the major marketing trends, including marketing research techniques and demographic studies, as well as business law and ethics, international marketing, nonprofit marketing, product marketing and service marketing. Marketing majors learn a broad range of transferable skills, and gain strong competence in critical thinking and hands on business experience.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Marketing Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Analyze the marketing plan of a local business and create and implement rebranding strategies.
- In Marketing (BUSS 220), students learn the fundamentals of the nature of marketing while gaining practical service learning experience.
- Connect and network with industry executives, like an agent from a New York recruiting firm or a Nobel Price winning medical device engineer.
- Attend boardroom meetings instead of lecture-style classes to maximize your professional perspective and experience.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- Chase Enterprises
- Dunkin' Brands Inc.
- Live Nation
- Toyota Motor Corporation
With the Marketing Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- Booking Agent
- Marketing Director
- Promotions Directer
- Advertising Account Executive
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|BUSS101||Contemporary Issues in Business||3|
|BUSS205||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUSS212||Management Information Systems||3|
|BUSS498||Business Internship Seminar||1|
|ECON101||Principles of Econ-Micro||3|
|ECON102||Principles of Econ-Macro||3|
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Marketing Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Marketing curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics with Elementary Education Concentration
- Applied Mathematics with Secondary Education Concentration
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Corporate Finance
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English with Secondary Education Concentration
- Entertainment Media
- Environmental Studies
- Event Management
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- History with Secondary Education Concentration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Elementary Education Concentration
- International Business
- Journalism and Media Writing
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Public Relations
- Radio and Video Production
- Resort and Casino Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sports Communication
- Sport Management