The Fashion Majors at Lasell have a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seek to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking their academic expertise with professional experience as Visual Directors, Designers, Stylists, Costumers, Product Developers, Trend Forecasters, writers, and bloggers.
- Lasell is one of the only schools in New England that belongs to the National Retail Federation Student Association.
- The Lasell Fashion Collection and the Hornig Fashion Resource and Research Area contains over 2,000 items dating back to the 19th century which helps support students in understanding historical style details, construction techniques, textile usage, and societal function.
- Polished, Lasell's award-winning fashion and lifestyle magazine, allows students from all three fashion majors to gain practical experience as writers, editors, producers, and designers.
- The Fashion Program at Lasell includes the Fashion Communication and Promotion, Fashion Design and Production, and Fashion and Retail Merchandising majors.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Fashion Majors, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Runway, our annual fashion show, involves students from all three majors. Fashion Design & Production majors put their latest styles on display on a set designed by Fashion Retail & Merchandising students, while Fashion Communication & Promotion majors promote a VIP Red Carpet event surrounding the show.
- Students participate in Boston's most prominent industry events such as Boston Fashion Week, LOOKBOOK LIVE, and Design Wars as both designers and dressers.
- In meetings with manufacturers and merchandisers surrounding New York's annual Coterie trade show, students gain insight into upcoming seasonal trends.
- Students gain a global perspective through immersive trips to London, Florence, Milan, and Hong Kong; partnerships with institutions in Switzerland, Ireland, and China; and internships with designers during Men's Fashion Week in Paris.
- Professors, through industry connections, bring distinguished guest speakers to campus from the American Textile History Museum, Project Runway, and Johnny Cupcakes.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- Ann Taylor
- Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Marc Jacobs
- Oprah, Inc
- TJX Companies
With the Fashion Major at Lasell, students have gone on to pursue careers with:
- TJX Companies
- Marc Jacobs
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Start their own lines
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Fashion Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Fashion curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics with Elementary Education Concentration
- Applied Mathematics with Secondary Education Concentration
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Corporate Finance
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English with Secondary Education Concentration
- Entertainment Media
- Environmental Studies
- Event Management
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- History with Secondary Education Concentration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Elementary Education Concentration
- International Business
- Journalism and Media Writing
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Public Relations
- Radio and Video Production
- Resort and Casino Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sports Communication
- Sport Management