The Event Management Major at Lasell have a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- The Event Management major has a multidisciplinary approach that allows to gain the expertise, commitment, and skills for management positions in an expanding industry through a comprehensive background in accounting, human resources, organizational behavior, technology and marketing.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking academic expertise with professional experience as hoteliers, restaurant managers, wedding planners, conference coordinators, and resort, private club, and casino managers.
- Hospitality Day is an annual educational, professional, and networking event that is hosted on campus and planned by student coordinators.
- Students have opportunities to complete internships through prestigious firms in the Boston area, around the country, and even around the world. Many students choose to participate in the college's semester at Disney program - taking classes and interning at one of the world's leading hospitality organizations in either Disneyland or Disneyworld.
- The Hospitality Program at Lasell includes the Hospitality Management, Event Management, and Resort and Casino Management majors
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Event Management Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Plan and run real-world special events like weddings, bar/bat mitvahs, Sweet Sixteen parties, and professional conference.
- Attend professional events, such as the International Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Show, and meetings held by the International Special Events Society.
- Visit Fenway Park, Stowe Mountain Resort, and Boston Convention and Exhibition Center to connect with the professionals who book and plan New England's greatest events.
- Hospitality Day, an annual professional networking event, provides students the opportunity to listen to and meet with successful executives in the industry, attend workshops where they can learn to be prepared for their individual career paths, apply for outstanding internships and full-time positions, and even meet and network with other hospitality students from around New England.
- The Fundamentals of Event Management (HEM102) class goes on site visits to experience the industry and network with professionals. Below is the class at the Boston Public Library in a recent site vist, meeting with the production assistant for majors events, providing students the opportunity to learn about paths into the industry.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- Boston Harbor Hotel
- Brae Burn Country Club
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Franklin Park Zoo
- Greater Boston Convention and Visitors' Bureau
- Marina del Mar - San Diego
- Marriott Boston
- Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino
- Mystic Aquarium
- Rafanelli Events
- Walt Disney World Resort
With the Event Management Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- Wedding Planner
- Convention Planner
- Corporate Event Planner
- Catering Director
- Conference Services Coordinator
- Sporting Events Coordinator
- Banquet Director
- Events Concierge
- Media Events and Promotions Manager
- Special Events Coordinator
The Hospitality Program is intentionally multidisciplinary and has the following majors:
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|ECON101||Principles of Econ-Micro||3|
|HEM102||Fundamentals of Event Management||3|
|HEM199||Field Exp Prep & Prof Development in HEM||1|
|HEM208||Human Resources in Hospitality||3|
|HEM213||Global Issues in Hospitality||3|
|HEM215||Meeting & Convention Sales & Planning||3|
|HEM299||Field Experience I||3|
|HEM301||Social Event Management||3|
|HEM303||Law & Ethics in Hospitality||3|
|HEM321||Revenue Management & Technology||3|
|HEM401||Managing Quality in Hospitality||3|
|HEM403||Food & Beverage Management||3|
|HEM496||Hospitality Operations Capstone||3|
|SMGT301||Sport Facility & Event Management||3|
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Event Management Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Event Management curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Criminal Justice
- Event Management
- Environmental Studies
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- International Business
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Resort and Casino Management
- Sport Management