The English Major at Lasell has a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of students by linking their academic expertise with professional experience as authors.
- Lasell is home to several student- run publications, including: the 1851 Chronicle student newspaper; Tarnished, which celebrates the visual and written arts; and Polished, our award-winning fashion magazine. Students are encouraged from their first year to write for each publication.
- The English major is intentionally interdisciplinary, especially with the Education Major, to allow students to follow their passions while still receiving a solid foundation rooted in English.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the English Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Writing for Lasell's student- run publications, including: the 1851 Chronicle student newspaper; Tarnished, which celebrates the visual and written arts; and Polished, our award-winning fashion magazine. Students are encouraged from their first year to write for each publication.
- Working with toddlers and preschoolers at the two on-campus Holway Child Study Centers.
- Work with children in Tanzania during a Shoulder to Shoulder trip to teach English in a classroom setting.
- Partner with a non-profit organization through our Center for Community Based Learning to discover endless opportunities in tutoring, counseling, and development.
With the English Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- Research Assistant
- English Teacher
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the English Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the English curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Criminal Justice
- Event Management
- Environmental Studies
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- International Business
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Resort and Casino Management
- Sport Management