The Arts Management Major at Lasell has a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of our students by linking academic expertise with professional experience as graphic designers, illustrators, sculptors, gallery directors, playwrights, screenwriters, choreographers, and performing artists.
- The Wedeman Gallery contributes to Lasell's culturally-rich community by celebrating student and faculty artistry, and exhibiting local and international talent.
- Award-winning Polished Magazine is a cooperative publication by Lasell's Graphic Design and Fashion students, while Tarnished Magazine presents contribution and editing opportunities to both Arts Management and Graphic Design majors.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Arts Management Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Bringing concepts to life and building impressive professional portfolios while designing promotional materials for real-life clients.
- Creating and promoting awareness campaigns on campus using print and various media.
- Interviewing interdisciplinary artists and publish findings in Tarnished Magazine.
- Discover Boston's renowned museums and discuss initiatives and exhibitions with their Curators and Museum Directors.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships with:
- 20th Century Fox Movies
- 360 Public Relations
- America's Test Kitchen
- Boston Bruins
- Boston Celtics
- Boston Magazine
- New England Patriots
With the Arts Management Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- Community Arts Coordinator
- PR Director for an art gallery
- Museum Exhibitions-Displays Designer
- Music Hall Director
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|ARTH103||Art History I||3|
|ARTS108||Fundamentals of Art Management||3|
|ARTS126||Principles of Design & Color||3|
|ARTS404||Senior Thesis I||4|
|COM213||Writing for Public Relations||3|
|COM303||Nonprofit Public Relations||3|
|GRAP105||Digital Design Essentials||3|
|HEM102||Fundamentals of Special Events||3|
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Arts Management Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Arts Management curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Criminal Justice
- Event Management
- Environmental Studies
- Exercise Science
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- International Business
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Resort and Casino Management
- Sport Management