The Applied Mathematics Major at Lasell has a professional focus, rooted in Connected Learning, that seeks to educate students by promoting self-expression, academic exploration and critical thinking in academic, civic, and career-relevant areas.
Lasell College provides an active learning environment that robustly links learning to multiple experiences. The community is a collaborative one powered by possibilities, enhanced by high social interaction and meaningful practices. 100% of students complete at least one internship to gain experience and build their resumes. Located just outside of Boston, Lasell is a professional and educational hub of opportunities with small class sizes to provide a co-constructed, supportive learning space. At Lasell, many doors are opened for students, they just have to choose which one to go through.
- Lasell's distinguished faculty supports the success of the students, by linking academic expertise with professional experience as mathematicians.
- Students earn academic credit through service learning, which is organized to connect them to the greater community while deepening and enriching their education in their discipline.
- The Applied Mathematics Major is heavily interdisciplinary, especially with the Education Major, and provides the opportunity for students to tutor or peer-mentor their fellow students, an invaluable experience to help build students' resumes.
The Connected Learning philosophy at Lasell combines traditional approaches with active learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in a diverse, complex world. Within the Applied Mathematics Major, students complete Connected Learning projects, such as:
- Tutoring fellow students as peer-mentors.
- Working with local schools to teach and tutor students.
As part of our robust program, students have gained internships at:
- America Reads
- Williams Elementary, Newton
- Lincoln-Eliot Elementary, Newton
- Boston Renaissance Charter School
- America Counts
- Wednesdays at Williams: Math tutoring at Williams in Newton
Applied Mathematics students are prepared for many career opportunities in almost every sector of the job market, using mathematics for analysis, prediction, modeling, problem solving, and education.
With the Applied Mathematics Major at Lasell, students have pursued careers as:
- Operations Research Analyst
Request Info & Apply
Request more information about the Applied Mathematics Major:
Apply on paper:
Print and complete a PDF of the Lasell College Undergraduate Application and return to:
Office of Admission
1844 Commonwealth Avenue
Newton, MA 02466
For more information about the Applied Mathematics curriculum, click here.
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics with Elementary Education Concentration
- Applied Mathematics with Secondary Education Concentration
- Arts Management
- Athletic Training
- Corporate Finance
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English with Secondary Education Concentration
- Entertainment Media
- Environmental Studies
- Event Management
- Exercise Science
- Fashion Communication and Promotion
- Fashion Design and Production
- Fashion and Retail Merchandising
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Management
- Global Engagement
- Graphic Design
- History with Secondary Education Concentration
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Curriculum and Instruction Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Interdisciplinary Studies with Elementary Education Concentration
- International Business
- Journalism and Media Writing
- Law & Public Affairs
- Legal Studies
- Public Relations
- Radio and Video Production
- Resort and Casino Management
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Sports Communication
- Sport Management