Students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and fill out an internal Lasell application. Applicants may not apply before their fourth semester of college work; that is, students must be at least a first semester junior by the time they enroll in the program in Washington.
Admission to the Lasell Semester-in-Washington program is competitive. The faculty that evaluate the applications looks at each student's qualifications in the following areas:
- Background: Students should have completed or currently be taking courses relevant to the area of study they plan to pursue in Washington.
- Performance in social science courses: Applicants should have a good record in the social science courses they have taken.
- Grade point average: Although students are not judged strictly on grades, their overall scholastic achievement is a factor that must be considered.
- Faculty Recommendations: Students should supply the name of two faculty members who are familiar with their work. Faculty will be e-mailed directly by Sarah Burrows.
- All students interested in applying for the Lasell Semester-in-Washington D.C. program must log in, complete, and submit the American University on-line application.
- Students must also print and submit an additional copy of the completed application to the Director of Internship Programs, Sarah Burrows.
- The student must fill out the internal Lasell application and return it to Sarah Burrows.
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com for an appointment.
- The deadline for the Lasell Semester in Washington application is October 1st for spring semester and March 10th for fall semester.
View the internal Lasell Semester-in-Washington Application >
(Copyrighted version; students must contact Sarah Burrows for application to program)
- Semester & Summer Programs
- International Service Learning Programs
- Domestic Programs