More challenging. More rewarding. More fun.
What comes to mind when you think about learning? Classrooms and lectures? Note taking and reading? Course requirements and test scores? While all are important parts of quality education, there is much more at Lasell College.
We complement traditional approaches with active learning experiences. We are committed to the idea of learning by doing through internships, service learning, and challenging projects in and out of the classroom. Here are just a few Connected Learning examples:
- Athletic training students care for injuries at the Olympic Development Program for Youth Soccer, the Bay State Games, and the Boston Marathon.
- Justice studies students gain experience at the U.S. Marshall's Office in Boston, Victim's Rights Law Center, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, Brandon Residential Treatment Center, and various local police headquarters and law offices.
- Fashion design and production students might intern at CranBarry Inc., makers of athletic uniforms and one of only a few manufacturing sites in the country where complete construction--from design to stitching--is done on site.
- Accounting students learn the ins and outs of our complex tax system from the IRS and help disadvantaged and elderly taxpayers complete their tax returns.
- At the Center for Community Based Learning and the Donahue Institute, students from all majors learn through course-based service learning projects and implement their own ideas.
- Academic Catalog
- Our Approach: Connected Learning
- Undergraduate Majors and Minors
- Graduate and Professional Studies
- Academic Centers
- Academic Achievement Center
- Academic Advising
- Brennan Library
- Center for Community-Based Learning
- International Programs/Study Abroad
- Holway Child Study Centers
- Donahue Institute for Ethics Diversity and Inclusion
- RoseMary B. Fuss Center for Research on Aging and Intergenerational Studies
- RoseMary B. Fuss Teaching and Learning Center
- Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center
- Academic Advising and First Year Programs
- Honors Program
- Academic Calendar
- Writing Program
- Study Abroad
- Internship Programs