Amanda MillerHonors Program Student
Overall I have had a great experience in the Honors Program. I have enjoyed all of my Honors Components to date and my required Honors classes have been fun. My first year I had the opportunity to have Tessa LeRoux, who is a fantastic professor; I learned a lot in that class. This year (my junior) year I have my favorite professor of all time, Joe Aieta, who I have learned more from than anybody in the world. This year the focus of my class is globalization, it is intense and sometimes hard to deal with because it deals with such a graphic topic; however, it forces you to think critically about the world we live in today. I am incredibly honored to have been selected to be in this program.
Involvement on Campus - See What Else I'm Doing
- Student Government Association: President. Have been involved for 3 years, began as senator, and then moved to VP of Student Affairs. Elected President April 2007. It's my largest accomplishment. I get many opportunities to public speak and lead my peers through my presidency.
- Field Hockey: Have been involved for 3 years. I am a Goal Keeper. Potential captain for the 08-09 season. My absolute passion.
- Lacrosse: involved for 2 years. Never picked up a stick before last season and scored a goal in my third game. I instantly fell in love with the sport.
- Orientation Leader: Participated the year after my freshman year. Skipped last year, but I am returning as an OL in the summer of 2008.
- Presidential Transition Committee: Involved through SGA, Planned goodbye for President deWitt.
- Emerging Leaders Graduate: Participated in the spring of 2007. Learned leadership skills such as public speaking, goal setting, and other leadership skills utilized on a daily basis.