Erin Vicente, Ed.D.Assistant Professor of Communication
Office: Donahue Center for Creative and Applied Arts
- Ed.D. Organizational Communication and Leadership, Northeastern University
- M.A. Communication, Suffolk University
- B.A. Business Administration, Queens University, North Carolina
- COM 203 Effective Speaking
- COM 206 Professional Communication
- COM 400 Field Experience I
- SVL 204 Seminar in Speech Tutoring
Dr. Erin Vicente is an Assistant Professor of Communication and recently obtained her Doctor of Education in Organizational Communication and Leadership at Northeastern University. In addition to teaching Communication courses at several area colleges, Dr. Vicente has also held senior account executive and financial planning positions at Viacom, CBS Radio, Boston as well as Fleet Boston Financial. Over the years, she has involved her Lasell students in various service-learning projects. Dr. Vicente has also served as director of Lasell's Speaking Across the Curriculum Program.
What is important for your students to take away from your classes?
“It is important for my students to take away a sense of self from my classes. Thus, understanding who they are, who they aspire to be, and their contribution and responsibility to society. Many of my classes focus on Connected Learning through work with non-profit organizations. Through such work, it is my goal to help students find their inner voice and be able to actualize that voice both in the classroom and eventually their job field.”