Tulin Johansson, Ph.D.
Office: DeArment House
Department: Accounting and Finance
- Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- M.S. Economics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- B.S. Architecture and Civil Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 102 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 103 Economics of Social Issues
- ECON 301 International Trade and Finance
- ENV 204 Environmental Economics
Professor Tulin Johansson's primary scholarly interests are in the field of Environmental Economics and Economic Development. She is also interested in the related field of International Trade and Environment as well as International Trade. Her research focuses mostly on the interactions between Economics Growth and Environmental Quality and her most recent article appeared in the Journal Growth and Change. She has conducted research on several industries' impact on the Economic Growth of Kentucky.
Prior to her position in Lasell College, Professor Johansson held positions at Northeastern University, the University of Massachusetts, Boston, and the University of Kentucky.
What is your teaching philosophy for Lasell courses?
“Learning and teaching are, and should be, open, interactive and proactive. Education is also lifelong. It accumulates quantitatively until it reaches a qualitative jump into new paradigms, new realms and endless possibilities. Learning and teaching is a lot more than covering the content material, giving and passing exams, writing papers and giving/receiving credits. There are also processes whereby, especially in Economics, a method for critical thinking, gaining wider perspective and being able to break apart from limiting world views and methodologies are communicated. I greatly enjoy teaching; it is an honor and a thrill to participate in the development of able young people. I hope and believe that my enthusiasm for economics and teaching comes through.”
- Accounting and Finance
- Art and Graphic Design
- Athletic Training and Exercise Science
- Environmental Studies
- Hospitality and Event Management
- Justice Studies
- Marketing and Management
- Mathematics and Science
- Social Sciences
- Sport Management